Journeyperson Instrumentation Designer
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity as a Journeyperson Instrumentation Designer? We are seeking a Journeyperson Instrumentation Designer to join our team in Rodeo, CA. As a member of the Instrumentation department you will report to the Instrumentation Department Manager and work in a schedule-drive, collaborative environment.
Move Forward with Eichleay
We are seeking a Journeyperson Instrumentation Designer who thrives in providing support to multi-disciplinary teams of engineers and project delivery professionals. Are you passionate about your work and enjoy collaboration with project teams?
As a Journeyperson Instrumentation Designer at Eichleay you will work with project teams to complete the design of the instrumentation scope of projects. You will support a variety of diverse clients and projects. Our projects primarily include revamps to existing facilities in the following industries: refinery, chemical, life-sciences and food/beverage. In this role you will be responsible for preparation and revisions to detail and assembly drawings using Computer Aided Drafting Systems (CAD). You will coordinate and consult with Engineers to create designs, layouts, and detailed components/systems. You will review and analyze technical specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to prepare drawings and assist in design drafting. You will receive supervision from a senior Designer.
Additional Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Prepares drawings, specifications, technical calculations, charts and graphs, and bills of material.
- Assists others to collect or deliver design and engineer data at job sites or Client offices.
- Demonstrates awareness and commitment to health, safety and environmental issues. Addresses those issues as necessary to ensure zero harm to all employees clients, contractors with zero environmental incidents.
- Consistently achieves goals, delivers quality and accurate work and meets timelines.
- Effectively interacts with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
- Strong customer focus with commitment to building enduring relationships that yield customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Ability to deal with change and demonstrate flexibility as required.
- Adheres to required processes and embraces opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Associate degree in an engineering or scientific discipline; or specialized courses in drafting, design and engineering practices.
- Sound knowledge of design and drafting techniques, engineering drawings, CAD/graphics, computer modelling work, and reading of drawings.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD/Graphics.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite.
For over 140 years, Eichleay companies have developed a wide range of project delivery expertise. This legacy continues today with Eichleay, Inc. which specializes in the design and construction of industrial process, manufacturing, life science, and high technology facilities.
Join a dynamic organization with insight fueled by experience, solutions powered by practicality, relationships built by listening and trust earned through results.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.